Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What do you collect as a hobby?
#15
(06-09-2017, 01:51 AM)ComeDayGoDay Wrote: When I was younger, I collected Rocks. My dad worked at the Smithsonian and I was always allowed to hang out behind the scenes with the archaeologists. It was so cool, and I still have my wonderful rock collection to this day. I'm still fascinated by rocks and their natural beauty and makeup. I collected coins at one point...I just liked the differences of coins/money when compared to other coins in other countries. I'm not really sure what I actively collect now, but I was cleaning out my closet and realized that I have 4 of those Samsonite Silhouette vintage train cases from years ago. I just love the idea of them, the little trays that come out and the little mirror and pockets inside of them. I started collecting them so I could paint them with more modern/abstract designs on them, but I haven't yet probably because I just kind of treasure their history, and wonder about who owned them in a previous life! I cleaned one up today and am going to bring it with me when I head out to the beach. I'm bringing it back, y'all! So, that's my collection story! What fun or odd collections do you have? I'd love to hear about them! Smile

I have one of these. A bit older. It was my Grandmas.

I collected shot glasses when I was a kid.
I think I collect hobbies.
- They say an apple a day keeps the doctor away, but if you don't go to the doctor for regular checkups, you're bananas. 
Reply


Messages In This Thread
What do you collect as a hobby? - by ComeDayGoDay - 06-09-2017, 01:51 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Cricket - 06-09-2017, 04:18 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by reilli - 06-09-2017, 05:06 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Linville - 06-09-2017, 10:14 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by MCS1964 - 06-12-2017, 03:42 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by reilli - 06-12-2017, 04:39 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by MCS1964 - 06-12-2017, 05:06 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Cricket - 06-12-2017, 08:39 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Woodhouse - 06-30-2017, 05:42 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by FredC - 11-17-2017, 09:36 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by barq2 - 11-27-2017, 10:51 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Raven - 11-30-2017, 04:56 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by barq2 - 12-02-2017, 02:39 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Linville - 12-03-2017, 03:19 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by blandy - 12-03-2017, 12:56 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Raven - 12-06-2017, 03:47 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by barq2 - 12-19-2017, 11:29 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by maeve - 01-30-2018, 05:25 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Charon - 10-14-2022, 03:52 AM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Apple - 12-26-2022, 06:44 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Charon - 12-26-2022, 06:59 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by barq2 - 12-31-2022, 03:48 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by barq2 - 12-31-2022, 10:20 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Charon - 12-31-2022, 04:50 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Charon - 12-31-2022, 10:37 PM
RE: What do you collect as a hobby? - by Analin - 01-01-2023, 07:25 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)