Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
more scammers in email
#9
Holy cow. I have never seen these emails before in my life and I've used quite a few different outfits over the years with my personal email address. Maybe I'm just lucky and my spam filter cuts all the crap emails out.

BECAUSE IF I WERE TO GET ONE...I always have time for humor and would probably troll them with fake information until they would give it up.

I did used to get phone calls about placing 'orders' for my medicine as I'm sure they obtained my phone # from certain sites that I had ordered from. They would typically begin with, "our records show you are due for a refill?" To which I would immediately reply "for what medicine?"

Then the would proceed to list off everything from phentermine to antianxiety drugs to boner medicines and I would interrupt and say " YES! GREAT GET ME ALL OF THOSE NOW!!" The person on the other end would obviously seem excited I might be falling for it but also confused with "get me all of those" and say "so which order would you like to place?"

Again, I would say "EVERYTHING MY GOOD MAN! DID YOU NOT HEAR ME?!" Then, usually a he, but sometimes a she, would tell me they could only send over one product at a time and then I, in turn, would pretend to be very upset and YELL "DAMNIT! WHY CAN'T I HAVE THEM ALL?! GET ME YOUR SUPERVISOR NOW!"

Of COURSE they don't have a 'supervisor' around and I would continue this charade for as long as I could until I had to go back to class (this was all when I was an undergraduate) and usually end the conversation with something along the lines of "I like touching myself sometimes". Yes, I know I wasn't the most elegant person and rather crude in my college years but it gave me and my buddies the lulz.

Fun times with trolls. LOLOL!

After the golden age of IOPs ended I had maybe 2 of my credit cards with charges on them for around $300 each. Simply reported it to the bank as fraud and was compensated the fraudulent purchases, whatever they were. One of them showed up on my statement as coming from Burlington Coat Factory. I think I cried with laughter that night...of all the things a crook would decide to purchase with my card info and a good credit rating and high purchase limit...a $300 coat. L. O. L.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
more scammers in email - by Charon - 03-21-2017, 06:37 PM
RE: more scammers in email - by G.Elias - 03-22-2017, 12:11 PM
RE: more scammers in email - by Denman66 - 03-23-2017, 04:34 AM
RE: more scammers in email - by cmdline - 03-23-2017, 03:37 PM
RE: more scammers in email - by Furyan66 - 03-29-2017, 10:43 PM
RE: more scammers in email - by Ladybugsrcool - 03-30-2017, 06:32 AM
RE: more scammers in email - by nicenchill - 03-31-2017, 10:28 AM
RE: more scammers in email - by Rattzo - 04-05-2017, 01:41 AM
RE: more scammers in email - by Texas Chemist - 04-05-2017, 03:47 PM
RE: more scammers in email - by Sudsy - 04-05-2017, 05:53 PM
RE: more scammers in email - by FredC - 11-17-2017, 09:38 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)