Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Meditation for anxiety & stress
#3
I'll take a stab at it, though I don't think I'm qualified. I'm just regurgitating what I've read.

First we should look at what is mindLESSness aka auto pilot. Have you ever driven and when you arrived you had forgotten how you got there. It's like you were daydreaming. With so many thoughts and distractions you had become unaware of the process of driving and your surroundings. Researchers say that most people experience this on a daily basis almost half their waking hours. Especially in this day and age, there are soo many things to take you away from the here and now.

An example of mindfulness would be drinking a cup of tea/coffee and noticing the taste, smell, the warmth of the cup and maybe the steam arising from the cup, instead of chugging it down while eating a muffin and getting the kids off to school. This would be an example of casual mindfulness.

Formal mindfulness would be mindful meditation. With this you are aware of your breathing, always the breath in the here and now. Random thoughts will always enter your mind, but you will learn to gently push them away and return to the breath. Again it's about the here and now and not the past or future.

Hope this helps a little and that I didn't make this more confusing than it already is. There is a wealth of information out there at your fingertips.

I meditate when I first get up in the morning and right before I go to bed. I've already noticed from my short experience that it has been easier to go to sleep, even on a non benz0 day.

MoJim
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Meditation for anxiety & stress - by MoJim - 10-19-2016, 05:14 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by MoJim - 10-20-2016, 04:46 AM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by MoJim - 10-20-2016, 11:11 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by Popster - 10-22-2016, 05:52 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by Leesus83 - 10-28-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by MoJim - 10-29-2016, 06:56 AM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by Leesus83 - 10-29-2016, 08:47 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by MoJim - 10-30-2016, 05:39 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by MoJim - 11-23-2016, 06:12 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by Popster - 11-23-2016, 08:24 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by Popster - 11-24-2016, 01:14 AM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by MoJim - 11-24-2016, 07:10 AM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by MoJim - 11-24-2016, 04:26 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by Popster - 11-24-2016, 07:19 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by Batgirl - 11-27-2016, 10:04 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by Popster - 11-28-2016, 12:37 AM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by D-izzy - 01-24-2017, 03:38 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by Popster - 01-11-2017, 07:41 AM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by Popster - 02-13-2017, 04:27 PM
RE: Meditation for anxiety & stress - by Charon - 03-03-2017, 03:35 PM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)