Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
What exactly constitutes a viable post?
#4
So if I understand correctly, it is less about what I am doing “wrong” and more about what I am not doing very much/at all. I live with severe, pervasive, constant anxiety and rumination (much of it regarding my freedom/LE/etc.), thus, while I have done my best to introduce myself and share a bit (honestly, more so already than what I am comfortable with sharing on a public forum - if one studied every post I made and every bit of information I’ve shared, it would not be difficult at all for a motivated individual to pinpoint my full name, location, etc.) I’ve deliberately avoided sharing too much personal information or straying too far from the over-arching subject matter of the forum - IOPs.

It sounds to me that in regard to what I have posted, the community finds it acceptable, however, I get the sense from this response that the issue at hand is more about “vetting” me, to a point where one would be fairly confident that I am who I say I am, that I harbor no ulterior motives, that I have no association with LE/govt/any other sketchy Internet forums (I consider this level of public sharing “sketchy” even if moderated by some of the most trustworthy individuals on the net, just because that’s the nature of forums).

I will have to do some hard thinking, one the one hand my life is very small/sheltered/reclusive, I have few if any friends, and I could use a community to share with/give/receive advice. On the other, my OCD is screaming “danger”, and I am TERRIFIED of losing what little resources and freedoms I have, it is a very serious decision.

I respect your values and appreciate your thorough, honest response, as I said it has given me a great deal to consider...
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: What exactly constitutes a viable post? - by Chinchillin777 - 01-20-2020, 11:41 AM

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)